During this difficult and uncertain time, our school is committed to the health and safety of our children, their families, and all our staff. As families prepare for a potential return to school this fall, we are dedicated to providing a warm and nurturing environment as children start to come back to the classroom.
On March 23rd, 2020 we closed our classrooms as mandated by Manitoba Child Day Care, the Department of Education, and Manitoba Public Health. Our school has a long history of providing services to our community when in need, and we volunteered to open one classroom for the children of essential workers in March. Our Elementary program continued to successfully operate through virtual learning until the end of June.
We began the gradual reopening of our infant, toddler and pre-school programs on May 11th 2020, following the mandates of Manitoba Child Day Care and Manitoba Public Health.
As we plan to reopen all our classrooms in September 2020, we will continue to follow the directions, mandates, and guidance from Manitoba Public Health, Manitoba Child Day Care, and the Department of Education.
The following health and safety procedures are already in place:
- We have a screening process when you drop off your child, to ensure that no one enters the school if they have any signs of illness.
- We have enhanced cleaning and disinfecting procedures.
- We are ensuring that everyone is following proper hand washing procedures.
- We have arranged our classroom environments to allow for social distancing.
- We will be spending more time outdoors each day.
- We currently have reduced class sizes for some of the programs.
- Currently, each classroom has its own separate entrance, and children have their own assigned floor mats and school supplies.
We look forward to welcoming you to our school this fall. Please don’t hesitate to contact us to hear more about the precautions we are taking in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.